Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fun in Florida - Day 5

Our fifth day in Florida was wonderful. In the morning, Paul and I had some quality time. He's beginning to play, which we love to watch. Here he is beginning to use his body to make the hanging animals move!

We headed out where the wild things are at Wakadahatchee Wetlands, which is right down the street from Bubbie's. There are so many amazing birds there - Herons, Morehens, Dodos - plus several kinds of turtles and alligators all around. Paul and I are watching Beren watching the birds.
In the afternoon Beren, Bubbie, and Paul did some shopping while I did some work for work. When they came back, Bubbie's friend Marilyn gave Paul some terrific handmade animal hand puppets. Here, mommy recreates "There Once Was a Boy Named Pierre" with Paul. Luckily, Paul cares. Thank you, Marilyn!

The day was capped with a nice dinner with Aunt Marcia & Uncle Arnie in the night kitchen at Sweet Tomatos. What a great day!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That is SO cute!

Safta said...

I believe that the Dodos are extinct. The black birds you were looking at were Anhingas. I love that you are teaching my grandson about nature!
Love,
Safta